Friday, May 30, 2008

Time To Take It Up A Notch




As we get older it can be sadly normal to have to loosen our belts, as we add more girth to our silhouette.

It has been that kind of spring for me.

There have been a few winters where I have been tempted to put on a few extra pounds, but this year, that temptation blossomed into spring and here I sit in my new demi-rubenesque physique.

And yet, I am smiling. I do look forward to firming up some things in my life, but…there are so many good things happening right now that it may take me some time to get back to the 7 times in 14 day work out schedule.

Why am I smiling? Well the list could go on and on. I smile more, because I am choosing to remember to smile.

Yes, Micheal is the love of my life.
Yes, our sons are becoming great men.
Yes, work is interesting and exciting.
Yes, we have moved into a beautiful home.
Yes, we have wonderful friends.
Yes! God is good.

I read something today that made me want to blog again. It simply summed up where I am.

It would have been easy to walk away from some of the things that later became great Yes’s in my life. In spite of my fears, I did not.

Going forward, I would like to get better at taking grand leaps.

The suggested self-talk below is great for times where we might be tempted to chicken out:

Can you imagine this thing happening? YES!

Would you imagine it happening? YES!

Are you ready for it? YES!

When? NOW!

How awesome does this feel? WOOOOHOOOOOOO! (feel free to jump up and down and get super excited)

I tried it the minute I read it.

No telling how many more Yes’s! we will have in our lives if we all apply these simple steps.

2 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Maximus Doom said...

Woo Hoo Baby!!!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Joel said...

Thanks Pickle --

I needed to read this one..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home