Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Got A Minute?




For people who struggle with focus, life can seem so random.
For people who can see everything, life can seem so connected.
For people who are able to focus on one thing and shut everything else out, life can seem to be passing them by.

Do you fit into one of these three descriptions? Are you easily distracted when faced with a project?

Do you see so much that every option you consider has infinite possibilities of other options to consider? Does this make it harder for you to make decisions or have you mastered jumping in and figuring it out?

If you are a person of high focus, do you miss the little things that are outside of your vision? Are you so focused, you miss the big things like friends and people who need you?

If your ability to focus were a body building type, would you be as developed in your legs as your upper body? Or would you be like most young body builders, huge chest, neck, back and arms, tight abs and legs that a small girl could kick out from under you?

What if our minds were able to change their viewing ability just because we asked them to?

We give the commands to our minds...”Look at the big picture”... or “Look at what they are not saying” or... “Notice who needs the most help”…or “Remember to Take a Minute”….

Why remember to take a minute? Really, that is all we know we have in life, a series of minutes that ad up. If we don’t take the minute, it will happen anyway and we will miss its importance.

What will happen if we take the minute?

The people who like to calculate infinite possibilities would have a lot to say about that.

What can you really do in a minute? Ask a busy person and they will tell you many things.

Ask a person who is struggling with their life’s focus and they may have no answers.

I have not blogged in a while. Partly because, I thought I was too busy. Partly because, I have been struggling to stay focused on what matters most.

My sweet sexy husband and I are so good. Our sons are learning who they will become.
But, my Dad’s health has not been good and now my sister also has cancer. I hurt for them.

There are times in your life where you make choices that change forever the direction you are going. There are times in your life where you keep going in the same direction, but you carry less with you and enjoy the journey more.

I changed something today. There has only been one other time in my life where I was able to change something in just a minute. It took conviction the first time and some supernatural help. Only because I can look back on 35 years of knowing I was changed, do I see how different life is going to be after today’s change.

Some of you may be wondering what could happen in just a minute to me.

That is really not as important as what do you want to change and are you ready to give a minute to do that?

I believe if you are convicted and the timing is right, you can.

2 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger Maximus Doom said...

Whew! I think I like this blog; it really makes a point. I think I will reread and digest....I'm a sipper; not a guzzler; a diner not a swine. So well written and so picturesquely abstracted. (what???) Alas, welcome back to Blogville!

It is the little things that carry the value of the universe.

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Alan Cohen:
It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.

Sabrina

PS I am a person of high focus so I tend to lose sight of "other" things and people that are not directly involved with what I am focused on. That is never good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home