Monday, January 28, 2008

Life is not always a bed of clovers…..

If you could go back, would you?






We ventured out with our friend Tiny to see Cloverfield yesterday.
Since some of you may not have seen the movie yet, I will only touch on one aspect of the plot.
Going back for someone.
The movie left us asking who we would go back for at the risk of our own lives, if anyone.
Or would we run to safety, every man or woman for ourselves.

It is hard for me to imagine being a hero when faced with the sudden introduction of a life-threatening experience.
If I were in the military, or FBI or other form of position where when you sign on you know you may be asked to be a hero, then maybe....
For people who do this for a living, it seems easier to imagine they would be able to more easily goback for someone.

But for the every day person, who without preparation is faced with a life and death decision it is more likely they would run.

The only thing that may stop them if they are able to think, would be…
Could you live with yourself knowing you might have saved someone but only thought of themselves or
Would you rather die trying?

Is there anyone in this world you love enough to die for?

Is your love of life or yourself always first?

If you have not found someone you would die for, are you missing something?

Really tough questions….

These are questions most people would not want to answer honestly in front of the people in their lives they say they love.




The new TV show “Moment of Truth”, is basing its back account on our desire to find out the deepest darkest secrets in other people’s lives.

The show is paying people to hurt people they care about with the truth.

Unless they are able to find someone who is so pure of mind and actions, the show will let us see one disappointing example after another of what we are really capable of.

I would not go on the show. I don’t think I would ever be desperate enough to hurt people I care about in front of the entire world for profit.

So as you are reading this, you are probably wondering if I believe I love someone enough to go back for them.

I think I do and would. I think I would try.

I have only been in one life-threatening situation where a gun was pointed at me and you knew it was a life and death moment.

I can still smell the energy of danger when I think back on that day.

You become a different person when faced with death.

It is surprising what that brings out in you.

I will not spoil the ending of Cloverfield for you.

I will leave you with this question though.

Is there anyone you love enough to go back for?

2 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Maximus Doom said...

Apparantly YES! I keep coming back for more of you.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Linda Russell said...

ohhhh- I would come back for you too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home