Friday, February 29, 2008

Last one to leave






The phrase “ Last one to leave, please turn the lights out on your way out,” made me smile today.


I have been under the weather this week. I “sounda' like a man”.

My husband says he likes the new husky voice and is hoping it stays that way.

Most of the people I work with are also losing their voices as the crud makes its way through our department.

I know we are all thankful it is Friday and we are hoping that the weekend will bring us a break from each other, work and the stress of life.

I can say from looking at everyone around me, that we are all ready to leave.

For some reason as I thought about whoever would be the last one out shutting the lights off, I thought about the other end of the spectrum.

I thought about how tiring it must be to the first one in turning the lights on.

Or even tougher, people who are always expected to be a source of light.

I know that we need our dark times. We need to rest and go without any light.

But at work, it is nice to come in and the energy is already up and positive.

I almost wish we had a way to think in terms of …

“Last one out, leave the lights on.”

This might stop us from coming in on Monday morning and feeling like we are in the dark.

In the meantime, “this little light of mine…”

2 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Maximus Doom said...

Great image. Nice blog with an interesting question. Then one might deduce that it is better not to be the last one out or the first one in; hence eliminating the entire issue. We know how tough life is for the first and for the last; the middle kid always has it easy.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

WE are back thanks yelling at me about it, I really do enjoy it.

Love ya !

Sabrina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home