Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The only thing that you can not get back is wasted time





I heard someone this week make this comment.

I guess it is this time of year, where we reflect on the past and plan for the future that made that comment stick in my head.

It really has got me thinking about what is a waste of time.

The only thing that I would say is really a waste of time for me, is time spent worrying.

I can’t say the mistakes I have made were a waste of time, because almost always I learned something from them.

I can’t say that the time I spent relaxing is a waste of time, because for the most part, I work more than I should.

The only thing that I truly know I waste time on is the time I spend worrying.

As a mother, I find it hard to ever really believe that I am doing well if our kids are not doing well.
A part of my brain is focused on what else I can do to help, and the older our kids get, the more I understand that prayers are really my best option.

As an employee, if I am not ahead on a project, a part of my brain is working on how I can get there.

I am thankful that I do not worry about my husband, as he is a source of strength for me.

If speaking a promise to oneself will make one change, then here is what I would tell myself.

Stop wasting time worrying.
You can not get this time back.
Celebrate everything that happens.
Remember that no one can take something from you that God intends for you to have.

Be at peace in all things.
Be a source of joy to all who meet you.

In 2008, I hope to never waste time worrying.



1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Maximus Doom said...

Great Graphic....nice blog too. Wasted time....kinda like rules; they can be made but you cant make broken rules.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home