Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Falling Down






“They, that unnamed "they," they've knocked me down but I got up. I always get up-and I swear when I went down quite often I took the fall; nothing moves a mountain but itself. They, I've long ago named them me.”
-Gregory Corso





This morning I did something new.

I found a way to fall in a 2 by 2 ft shower.

I fell fast.

I fell hard.

I remember laughing at myself on the way down.

I have said more than once that I will likely die falling down laughing.

I hit the metal edge of the shower.

The much used "That will leave a mark on a person" came to mind.

I will have a bruise that looks like Zorro got started and then got called away mid Z.

I will have to put my plans to be a "back model" (it is one of my better features)
on hold for a bit.

Annie, tried and true was there to watch my spill.

The look on her face was comical.

As if to say, "what in the world are you thinking mom".

Clearly, not thinking, just stepping out...

Into the shower and then flight.

I did watch Heros last night.

It would be nice to belief that instead of a preponderance of in-agility,



I actually have the start of new super hero talents, early signs of flight perhaps.

I just need practice.

More likely my life is closer to the quote at the start of this blog.

No new talents

They did not cause my fall.

Just me.

Thankfully, life is not measured in how many times we fall but instead...







How many times are we willing to get back up...
and maybe we get extra credit for how much we are willing to laugh at ourselves.



1 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Bendy said...

I find there is nothing better than laughing at yourself and I tend to do it often.

After one of the office Christmas parties, I was walking to my car in the far lot....you know the one on the other side of the pond in front of Hampton Inn. The ground was flat, I was wearing flats, I was stone cold sober and yet I fell completely prone...packages flying. Of course, I laid there for a minute laughing, praying that someone saw so the moment wasn't wasted :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home