Friday, September 22, 2006

Seeing Too Much






Have you ever had a day where you were able to see too much, feel too much.









A day where you wish you knew less?

Ignorant Bliss.

You start the day off with expectations and then suddenly your world seems to change.

Really all that is changed is your perception of it.

What was happening that you were not aware of, was already there.

You just liked your world better when it was as you imagined it.

If you could, would you want to know everything about what was really happening?

Or would you prefer to live in a white picket fence world, imagining you are in control, things are as you wish?

On a day where you heart hurts so much you feel as you can not catch your breath....

You have lost your appetite for even your favorite things....

It is easy to understand how some people are tempted to give into the drug of ignorance...

Limiting yourself to only asking the easy questions...

Avoiding conflict...

Surface emotions.

It is cowardly, and lazy to live in intended ignorance,,,

But I do understand.

Over several years of my life I let myself remain in surface relationships.

I did not have any strong women in my life to challenge me and my wisdom.

My children paid for that.

There was so much to see, but I liked my white picket fences and so I was unwise.

It hurt to wake up.

I would like to say that I grew up and decided to do that.

Actually, it was forced on me.

Surprisingly, I am still a glass half full, "I think I can" person.

Sadly, I am less innocent, and it is easier for me to see more, feel more than I would like to.

Some days I just want to get up and paint the world the way I want it.



People keeping their promises, only speaking good things..

Children safe, making good decisions.

Friends really there when you need them.

Family functioning as a team.









God safe watching over us while a choir of angels serenade.

1 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Bendy said...

Wouldn't it be nice to wake up in that white picket fence world? No worries in how things will turn out? I've been there too. However, if we don't have the storms, how can we appreciate the sunshine in our lifes. Thank God for the storms!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home