Saturday, August 26, 2006

Like Red on a Rose









To be able to love like red on a rose
So complete

That concept got me thinking about the different facets and powers of love.

Do you think you can love someone more than yourself?

I have watched many relationships flounder because the extent of the love between the two people was unequal.

One person simply loved the other more.

I have been there myself.

"Love Hurts" has made it as a hit once again as it sings to all those who were with me in that experience.

Should we stop the capacity to love someone more than they love us in return?



As a parent, I hope that is not possible.

Therefore, I would say it is best to let ourselves love.

Should we love ourselves as much as we love others?

It is very hard to partner with an insecure person.

True love of ourselves is wise as it enables us to maintain ourselves so that we can be there for others.

This does not answer the question, "Can we really love someone more than ourselves?"

We can envy them.

We can live through thier talents and get reflected glory from thier achievements.

I don't think that we can truly love anyone more than we love ourselves.

Not when you define love as it is defined in 1 Cor. 13.

If we loved ourselves as we are to under the definition in this beautiful manual on redemption,
we would have so much more power and control over our destinys.

To be able to Love Like Red on a Rose, we would have to understand how complete the promise is when we live like we value the blood on the cross.



Through my husband, my sons and through prayer, I have learned to love myself more.

I am so thankful for the pain that comes from staying open and staying vulnerable as it has allowed me the joy of letting so many more amazing people get close to me.

You may be wondering why such a deep look into love and pain.

Sadly, the reason is that Micheal and I lost a friend this week.

My favorite memory of her was a night spent dancing.

Her husband and she were a joy to watch as they celebrated spontaneous fun
dancing with us
surrounded by hundreds of sisters at a catholic convention.






I don't think I can put into words any better than Garth how I feel about her passing:

"Looking back on the memory of
The dance we shared beneath the stars above
For a moment all the world was right
How could I have known you'd ever say goodbye
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance
Holding you I held everything
For a moment wasn't I the king
But if I'd only known how the king would fall
Hey who's to say you know I might have changed it all
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance
Yes my life is better left to chance
I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance"





Watching hundreds of people come to pay their respects this week.

I can easily say:
"Pat, you were loved, like red on a rose.
What a stunning rose you were."









1 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Bendy said...

Well said my friend. That was perfection like red on a rose. We all have wonderful memories of Pat. I will forever picture that smile and feel the warmth that radiated from within. Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home