Saturday, August 12, 2006

Wow- that hurt- but it was fun


No I am not a sadist or into S and M.
I just needed to test myself today.
Do something unplanned, just cause.
First, got an edgy haircut.
Then started looking at myself.
You know, really looking.
Wow, I love the hair.
It was so edgy I had to talk my stylist into it.
After we got done, I told her...
"I think a piercing would look great with this"
After much discussion, we agreed I should call someone younger to be sure I did not get something that would be a signal for some alternative lifestyle.
OK...so the planner in me has to show up.
Called my youngest, got advice on what to go with.
He was totally bummed that I would not wait and go with him.
I told him I was being spontaneous and if I waited, that would blow the whole point of doing it.
Quincy Jones was quoted as saying that you can tell a person's age by how resistant to change they are.
Pretty cool. Acceptance of change seems easier to control than the effects of gravity and cell degeneration.
I keep his qoute in my mind as I left the salon.
So...off I go to get my piercing.
Scared, determined, smiling.
I had fun with the girl who did it.
Her name is Margaret and she has tremors. She assured me that her hand tremors would not affect the process.
I am fearless.
It was all over in a matter of seconds.
I am still smiling as I think about the next time I get spontaneus.
I think I will plan for this at least once a month.



I think it will keep me young

3 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Joel said...

Excellent Pickle..I love it---

You will always be young--no matter what your age says--It's your inside that keep you youthful---the sparkle...Keep it going...

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Maximus Doom said...

WOw, what a blog! Glad you are loving expressing yourself...and so good at it.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Bendy said...

I love it! I cannot wait to see that haircut! And Joel is right...you, my dear, will always be young.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home