Sunday, July 30, 2006

Intimidation




It is my first nature to be timid.
Or rather is was my first nature.
I asked for boldness 14 years ago when I believed that was what I needed to survive.
Be careful what you ask for.

Loved Captain Kirk growing up.

To boldly go...

I thought it would be a good idea to be unafraid to go to new levels, overcome new challenges and some old ones too.

I don't regret praying for boldness or even the reputation that came with it.

I guess that begs the question, what do I regret.

Asking for or wanting to become different out of fear.

Intimidation can move people in a new direction.

In small doses it can even save people from making mistakes.

Long term, intimidation works like a bed for unforgiveness fungus.

Eventually, it will make the person sick and that will lead to real illness or bad decisions.


If I were on the starship, I don't think I would want to be the Captain.


I believe I would prefer to be the ship's counselor.

There to help in stressful times, ready to listen and offer wisdom.

They really could have used some counseling during the "Trouble With Tribbles" which was one of my favorite episodes.


From Intimidation to warm and fuzzy.
Tribbles, those insatiable reproducing critters that at first glance seemed harmless but...
later we found out the ship's crew was in danger of having their food supply compromised.

Where is this blog leading....

Back home I guess..

My mother's best advice was "Bad people do not wear a dark cape and carry around a sign that says;
'Hi. I am a bad person.' "

It is important to stay clear of those who lead thier lives and try to lead yours mostly through intimidation....

Before you know it, you will become like them.

Better to stay close to those who lead through encouragement, passion and wisdom.




You will have better tales to tell.

2 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Maximus Doom said...

Hmmm....well, Mrs. Russell, that's very interesting. Well you definitely got what u asked for. I personally find it very attractive...but in fairness; you have matured into a very beautiful person and woman.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Bendy said...

First of all, that's my favoriate Star Trek episode as well :)

Yes, you got what you asked for. Some view you as bold..having no fear. Some don't like you for it. However, I always saw something much deeper. The compassionate woman beneath the brass surface. This is why I have always and will always continue to like you my friend. You're a treasure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home