Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Breaking Point







Everyone has one. We have days where the world just feels a bit nuts.
I reached one of sorts this morning.
I remember thinking that God never gives us more than we can handle.
I also felt incredibly stupid at the same time.
The thing I broke over was really so insignificant.
My reaction, ...completely out of line.

On my drive in, I prayed for forgiveness and of course,
in keeping with my current aspiration, wisdom.

Here is what I got:

Yes, it is true, God does not give us more than what we can handle.
Yes, at the same time, we can reach a breaking point.
Sometimes we break, sometimes we got get stretched.
This does not mean we can not handle breaking.

The key to the wisdom here was, now what.
What will you fill the cracks in your mind, body and spirit with now that you have been broken.
Are you going to fill them with self-pity or thankfulness?
Are you going to go vent to someone, or celebrate what you have learned?
What have you learned?

For today, here is what I learned.
Take nothing for granted. Nothing.
Stay thankful in all things.
Even thankful for breaking points and the mistakes we should learn from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home