Monday, November 27, 2006

Asking For Help



This year the turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes casserole, green beans that I prepared were all much more satisfying than they have been in past years.
The reason is, I asked for help.
After years of sitting back and enjoying other people's talents in cooking, this year it was my turn.
I was determined that if I humbled myself and watched a great cook, that I could do better than average for our family.
This made me realize how important it is, the older we get, to stay humble and ask for help.
The world moves so fast, so many new ideas, inventions and creative solutions.
One thing remains a constant.
The importance of humility and asking for help.
Paying attention when you get it certainly helps as well...
But humility goes first.
Trust in teaching is also a key ingredient.
The combination is life changing and...
really yummy!



Now I just need to find some one who makes beautiful cakes that taste as good as they look.


2 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Maximus Doom said...

You were completely extraordinary pkl!!!! It hurt to stop eating and it would have killed to eat anymore. Everyone had a blast. Maybe you missed your calling.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Bendy said...

Jenni Arnold is the gal that makes cakes that taste as beautiful as they look! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home